Sunday, April 28, 2013

You can do it!

Riding high from my successful try of a cake figurine last night, today I ventured into the year 8 woodwork lessons that were stored in my long term memory! (I am not mentioning how far that was! lol) I want a lovely canopy for our candy buffet table. We can then hire it out for DIY or include it in our wonderful candy and dessert buffets. But they are really hard to find, when I did, the price! My goodness maybe if I am good I should sell them. (Mmm how long ago did I learn those skills? lol)

So I measured and went to Bunnings, had all my pieces cut, even managed to find a friend who can router a nice edge for me! Wahoo! Then to put them all together......dowel joins, glue, more measuring, a friend to double check everything (Cause I stuffed up a few measurements!) and the frame is together in a day or so!

I have now sanded and will paint tomorrow. I so want to show you but can't until it is all ready. Next challenge, can I sew scalloped edging to my material? I have to admit that tshirt I made in year 10 my mother labelled the worst thing I had ever worn/made! My Nana said the most frustrating thing she ever did was try to teach me to sew! So I may need some of my readers to start praying! The material has come all the way from the US to Australia, so I can't stuff it up! Here is a peak...


No comments:

Post a Comment