Saturday, April 27, 2013

Something new

Tonight I tried something new. I have admired people with the skill to model figures for cakes for so long but been afraid to give it a try. I have watched Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes who make it look like child's play! So tonight, I put on the apron after seeing a wonderful article from Rouvelee's Creations (www.facebook.com/RouveleesCreations) who made it look fool proof! So off I go, forgetting I have to let the glue set overnight, do I really need to do that, surely not!

My first ever head! When I finished I checked the little girls photo and I think she has blue eyes! So I will have to fix that tomorrow! (Note if you try this, make sure you check eye color!)
My body! I am not totally stable, but will be against the cake so I wont fall over! That is a lesson for next time! I also need to work on the hands and arms more!

All together now! I have some glue on the face and don't know how to get it off! (Another thing for tomorrow) The hair was a bit tricky, it dried out really easy and was getting fragile.      

 I think I did pretty well for a first time. I didn't have all of the tools (I am not sure if you ever have all the tools!) but it came out well and with those little things fixed I am sure she will love it!

So give something new a try, it won't be a disaster, especially with Rouvelee by your side!

Junelle

Special thanks to Rouveles's instructions which can be found in the Australian Cake Decorating Network Magazine
www.austcakedecoratingnetwork.com/cake_autumn_2013

No comments:

Post a Comment